Two years ago I came across a great blog post idea from Nafisa – every year she does a summary of her year, using a self-questionnaire. I’ve borrowed the idea twice (Nafisa was awesome and allowed me to nab it), and I’m doing the same this year. I love that this blog topic pretty much writes itself, and I love seeing how much things have shifted since the last two years (to read my posts from then, click here and here).
1. What did you do in 2015 that you’d never done before?
Bought my own car.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No. I think I’ve learnt that I don’t stick to them!
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, with some people I love.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Croatia (and heading to France next week)
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
More confidence, and more self control when it comes to buying lipstick and shoes (seriously).
7. What date from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Even though it hasn’t happened yet (at the time of writing), 12 December – wedding day!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don’t think there was one – things I’m quite proud of though are my blog Rattle and Mum, raising you, and some of the ideas/content I’ve produced at work.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably not finishing Comrades again
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from some colds and coughs, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bonds and bills
13. What song will always remind you of 2015?
Adele’s Hello. Not because I love it, but because everyone else did, and raved non-stop.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Grey’s Anatomy, The Americans, So You Think You Can Dance, Code Black
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Probably I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Getting a piano – not a discovery per se, but something beautiful musical. And I guess I did “discover” it through a message on Facebook.
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don’t remember, which might imply that no movies stood out.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Went with you and Andrew for a sushi dinner.
22. What kept you sane?
Running, blogging, shopping, you (Max), Andrew.
23. Who did you miss?
My siblings, who live in Cape Town.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Possibly our dog trainer Melissa who not only taught us better habits, but turned Henri the poodle around a lot.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015
That I can feel utterly loved
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.