We are almost down a month, you’re settling well at school, and have a new bestie, Ashley. Yesterday I put money in your case for popcorn from the tuckshop, and you exclaimed how excited you were to share it with Ashley. Aaaaaw.
What else has been happening, aside from school stuff? Here’s the rundown:
– I’m loving my new’ish job, and there is not a day that goes by that I’m not laughing, thinking, and getting stretched sufficiently. There is also not a day that goes past that I’m also not dipping my hand into big sweet jars and biscuit wrappers, and I’m pretty sure I might be one of the minority who put on weight in January, despite new year’s ambitions to do the opposite.
– On that note, I’m running very little and my first marathon is a week and half away, which is a bit scary.
– I got a new car as my other one was getting too expensive to maintain. I was heartsore to let it go – I loved it, and I’m full of sentimentality as I was pregnant in it, and cruised around with you as a newborn, toddler and preschooler.
– Your granny had a seizure and was in hospital for a few days. It was nothing “major” this time, just a symptom of where she’s at, the doctors tell us
– We had to find a new someone to fetch you from school each day. We are so upset that Gill can’t help out, but logistically with you at a new school and in a different area, it’s not possible. We have found someone fab, and here’s hoping it turns out.
– I went to Cape Town for the launch of the new Ford Fusion, which as is usually the case with Ford events, was full of fun, smooth wheeling, and a good opportunity to cruise through the winelands (not drinking, while driving, obviously).
– I’ve been working with an awesome designer to give this blog and Rattle and Mum a nip and a tuck. I’m excited for the results, and to sport the facelifts soon.
It’s been a month of ebbs and flows, but it’s propelled more than it’s pulled.
Looking forward to building new memories with you,
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.