The other tell I told you that the park was closed when it fact it was open. I just had a shit-ton of work to do, the weather was cold, I needed a wee, and I wanted to get home.
There are plenty fibs we tell our kids, mostly for their own good, but some for our convenience too. And I got thinking about the lies we as moms and adults tell ourselves too. Most of mine tend to revolve around weight, for example: “I’m premenstrual, and I just weight a little more because I’m retaining water”, or “The scale is wrong”.
And sometimes we “like” to protect ourselves, other times we’re just not really that self-aware.
Here are some of the lies I tell myself:
– I don’t care
– Those pants fit me
– I’m setting my alarm for tomorrow morning, and I am definitely running
– I’m not upset (this is a classic female line – do not fall for it. Ever. It’s a trick).
– I only had one piece of chocolate
– I’m not jealous
– I will start spending less at Woolworths
– I will start spending less on eating out
– I’m fine
I’m going to try stop bullshitting myself and others, including my dietitian. No good really comes of it… (and that’s no lie).
Peeps, what “lies” do you tell yourself?
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.