I know it’s not fair to *only* write down 10 things I heart about you, and it’s not like there are *only* 10 things I heart about you, but I do need to leave material for further blogs, plus 10 sounds a bit more glam than 545 or 1066, plus it’s Friday and things feel a bit more casual and laidback (I’m wearing pink and white Converse shoes, for example).
In no particular order:
* Your friendliness – you adore people, and this makes me so happy
* Your energy – you love roaming, running, scaling and moving (I sometimes don’t love this when I’m trying to drink my chai latte at a coffee shop, or check Facebook on the iPad, but I’m not complaining)
* The way you eat with your mouth closed – this astounds me. How can a 15-month-old instinctively know how to do this, yet many adults don’t?
* The way your reddish blonde curls flap up and down when your run – it is this hair that makes people think you’re not our child for we are dark-haired.
* The way you affectionately lunge at me and pull my hair, or hold my finger when you walk down the stairs – these touches make me soar.
* You dance to music – whether from the TV, a toy, radio or iPad.
* The way you intently examine toys (hello, Virgo!) and page through pages with focus and intensity.
* Your contentment – it not only makes being mom to you so much easier, but eases me that you are relaxed and happy.
* Your best-ever crowd-pleasing trick – clapping your hands when we say “clap hands” and laughing like you’ve just heard the greatest punchline ever.
* Your giggles when I tickle you – it melts me, and blots out any of the day’s woes/irritations.
* Your perfect chubby thighs – easy to pinch and blow kisses on, and the strength of your strides.
There are more, and I can’t wait to discover even more as we grow together.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.