The waiting game is almost up

September 6, 2016

On the way to the gynae yesterday I was in tears. I was worried that I’d need to have the baby this week because at last checkup she was in breech, which might have necessitated an early caesar.

It turns out your sister has turned, which is great news and a little funny too – I kept on remarking to Andrew on the weekend how hard her head was feeling just under my diaphragm… when it fact it’s by my pelvis.

So our new birth date is a week before your birthday, and I’m glad your birthdays will be apart, even though you were so chilled about sharing.

So why was I emotional about having the baby this week? (and in reality, the baby could still come any time!) Well, I’m not quite ready. Yes, I could squeeze in the wax, the pedi and the reflexology session. Yes, I could finish up the work. But it’s not about that.

I feel there are more lunches we need to go for after school, we need that sushi date still (I’ll eat the veg version), and I need more hugs from you and time just as us. I need to write more, and to cherish my stomach for a little longer. I want to have more moments of stillness, and more time when I am comforted by the fact that your sister is perfectly taken care and nurtured right now.

I’m breathing a little easier now, and a bit more ready to be ready. I’m excited for your seventh birthday too, and I’m so glad we had an awesome party for you yesterday.

Love you, my son,

Mom

Previous Post Next Post

• Sheena

I actually 100% relate to where you’re coming from. I am not even pregnant and I’m sad for the day Aiden has to share position of our devotion. Right now he’s the be-all of our lives and he’s so happy that way.

Max has proven time and time again to be an amazing kid, because he has an amazing mommy (and dad and stepdad). I hope the transition goes smoothly and that baby girl holds out for a few more days xoxo

September 6, 2016 at 9:40 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Please stop making me cry… thank you for the amazing words. I so appreciate them.

September 6, 2016 at 10:11 am Reply
  • catjuggles

Oh this is beautiful Tanya – best of luck – so glad she has turned and cherish the time

September 6, 2016 at 9:40 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Thanks so much xx

September 6, 2016 at 10:10 am Reply
  • Wenchy

Beautiful. Wishing you a safe and happy delivery.

September 6, 2016 at 9:47 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Thanks so much – really appreciate it!

September 6, 2016 at 10:10 am Reply
  • Jeanette

Such an exciting time 🙂
    All the best of luck!

September 6, 2016 at 9:59 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

THanks so so much x

September 6, 2016 at 10:08 am Reply
  • Daryl Faure

Cherish these last days and hours as a family of three, and prepare to be blown away with love again as your family becomes four. Wishing you everything of the best.

September 6, 2016 at 11:35 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Thank you so much – really appreciate it!

September 7, 2016 at 8:40 am Reply
  • Celeste

Oh gosh, I remember feeling all this right before my second child was born. Such a poignant post but I must tell you, it’s true what they say. You never have to share your heart, you really just grow a new heart for each child you have. All the best, really excited for you and your new little pink bundle. Can’t wait to read all about it.

September 6, 2016 at 12:22 pm Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Thanks Celeste – I appreciate your insight and encouragement. It means a lot 🙂

September 7, 2016 at 8:42 am Reply
  • Tahra

Every mom seems to go through this just before there second child is born 😉 I had a planned C-section so the day before we went as a family to watch a movie of Troy’s choice. It was a memorable day and I will never forget it. Good luck Tanya, it is going to be amazing you will see 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 2:48 pm Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

That sounds awesome! Troy looks like an amazing big brother too. Thanks for the great comment x

September 7, 2016 at 8:40 am Reply
  • stephanie

Love reading ur most to ur son, so beautiful, goodluck for the next few weeks 🙂

September 6, 2016 at 7:53 pm Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

September 7, 2016 at 8:38 am Reply
  • MeeA

It’s such an electrified time, this, just before a new baby arrives, whether it’s the first or the fourth!
    I am sure Max will always remember and cherish the fact that you made some special time just for him before his sister arrives, but that he will also be so smitten with her when she does that he’ll want to take her along on another sushi date immediately!
    Wishing you the stillness you need in this last bit of waiting, and an easy and happy transition when your daughter arrives!

September 7, 2016 at 8:03 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Thanks for the wonderful comment – I appreciate it, plus your insight.

September 7, 2016 at 8:38 am Reply
  • Jenna

In my heart and head I made the day before Rebecca was born a big date day for Nate and I. What I remember most is crying when I put him to bed that night worrying about how his life was about to change. Sure like all things there have been great moments and not so great moments, but giving him a sibling was truly the best thing ever! Seeing the love and bond grow between siblings is so special.
    Good luck for you precious girl’s arrival. I hope all goes well and from your posts I’m certain max will adjust well and be the best big brother x

September 11, 2016 at 9:49 am Reply
    • Tanya Kovarsky

Aaaw, that’s beautiful. I think it’s completely normal and I know all will be okay, but heart is aching.

September 12, 2016 at 4:28 pm Reply
  • MrsFF

Amazing how there is enough space in our heart whether we have one child or two or ten… I really was hoping they would share a birthday because I’m cheesy like that

Ps: I wasn’t also eager to stop being pregnant so much so I pushed my CS as far as I could and K was born one or three days before 40 weeks depending on how it was counter

September 15, 2016 at 9:29 am Reply