Autumn/winter aren’t my most comfortable seasons. I don’t get down or depressed per se in colder months, but rather it’s a bit harder to find lots of energy and the spring in my step (literally), and feel comfortable all the time. However, I’m easing the chills with soup, electric blankets, and more reading and tea.
That said, things are going great, and there’s a lot to feel very light and very warm about.
Here’s what’s been happening in our ‘hood:
- You passed your first karate grading, and moved onto white belt with red stripe. You work hard and you listen hard at karate, and you seem to be loving it as much as much as you did when you first started.
- I went with Andrew to Dullstroom for the weekend and it was once again so beautiful there. I read, played backgammon, jogged (these days I don’t call it running, but jogging), ate, rested and read some more.
- You lost another bottom tooth!
- I have switched over to a new division at work, and I’m so so excited. Did I mention that I’m excited?
- Our dogs went for a photo studio shoot with Salome of Yellow Lab, and just as it felt like neither of them would stand still for more than a second for the perfect shot, they did it, and some beautiful shots were taken.
- I reached the halfway pregnancy point, and I’m getting more excited. It’s still not all quite believable – sometimes I’ll see my reflection in the mirror, and get surprised at my stomach, and then my inner dialogue will go something like “Oh right. I haven’t just eaten a big meal. I’m pregnant. I’m having a baaaaaaby! Me!”
- I’m missing Comrades deeply. There are a few days to go, and while I wouldn’t want to be in any other place right now, I still miss it, the experience, and how I’m defined by it. If I could drink on Sunday to forget, I would. So I’ll just keep busy and avoid social media and SABC2. And drink peppermint tea. Weep.
- I’ve started feeling “bubbles” and “flutterings” in my stomach, a wonderful reminder of your little sister.
- We’ve started doing a little bit more prepping for the room and baby logistics. There’s a way to go, but it will all get ticked off.
That’s all for now, awesome big brother to be,
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.