Last year I came across a great blog post idea from Nafisa – every year she does a summary of her year, using a self-questionnaire. I borrowed the idea last year (Nafisa was awesome and allowed me to nab it), and I’m doing the same this year. I love that this blog topic pretty much writes itself, and I love seeing how much things have shifted since last year (to read my post from 2013, click here).
1. What did you do in 2014 that you’d never done before?
Not finish the Comrades Marathon
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’ve just read what I wrote on December 31 last year, and I haven’t stuck to one. I’ll try again next year.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
At home, with some people I love.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. We lost a family dog though, and it was devastating.
5. What countries did you visit?
France, America, Turkey and Dubai. I had some unbelievable trips and opportunities.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
1 June, Comrades day. It was significant because I felt loss and failure at not finishing, but saw the best of people on the road, on the side of the road, and online. It was a special day, despite the tears (I wrote about the day here)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Winning best parenting blog in the African Blog Awards
9. What was your biggest failure?
See number 7… not finishing Comrades
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Aside from some coughs, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Many new Mac lipstick shades
12. Where did most of your money go?
Bonds and bills
13. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Anything on the Chef soundtrack
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
The Americans, Orange is the New Black, The Good Wife and Grey’s Anatomy.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
18. What was the best book you read?
Winger by Andrew Smith. I suspect I will read it again and again.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don’t remember, which might imply that no movies stood out.
21. What did you do on your birthday
Drank whiskey with friends at The Foundry
22. What kept you sane?
Running, blogging, shopping, you (Max).
23. Who did you miss?
My siblings, who live in Cape Town.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.