I love blog posts that write themselves, or are in cool point form (less thinking from my side), and I love what Nafisa did on her blog – a summary of her year that she does annually, using the same self-questionnaire. Thanks to Nafisa for letting me nab the idea, and encouraging other bloggers to do the same.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Got a tattoo(s)
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With good friends, and chardonnay. I’m also planning to be in bed long before 12 to wake up early’ish the next day and run.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I went to Detroit with Ford for the International Motor Show, and Mauritius.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
January 8, my brother’s wedding. It was a special day celebrating life and family, which is not something we do a lot of.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Ending some harmful work and personal relationships. And finishing Comrades in the hardest conditions I’ve ever experienced (both on the road and off the road).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my insecurity get in the way of some relationships. Allowing myself to be devalued by others.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The FujiFilm Instax Mini 8 camera (Nafisa and I have the same answer here).
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
I Like the Music and I Like To Dance
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
The Americans, Orange is the New Black, The Good Wife and Grey’s Anatomy.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
My mom told me never to hate anyone, so I just feel strong dislikes. And yes.
18. What was the best book you read?
He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt (seriously. Best educational book I’ve read in ages).
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
Pitch Perfect (mindless feel-good and entertainment).
21. What did you do on your birthday
I drove to Potchefstroom to do multimedia training (as the trainer), and then drove home. I was exhausted, so had a quick dinner at Hokkaido.
22. What kept you sane?
Running, blogging, shopping, you (Max).
23. Who did you miss?
My siblings, who live in Cape Town.
24. Who was the best new person you met?Tamarin!
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
- You ask people how to treat you
- Never settle for less. Never.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.