As I write this draft, it’s 10pm and word has it you’re still awake at your dad’s house. But more about your late-night habits in another post.
It’s been a week of learning and fun for me. Here’s what it’s taught me:
– Hunter boots are extremely comfortable! (I had to order a style that was slightly more, er, expandable, to go over my, er, big calves.
– When someone disses you, sometimes it’s better to take the high road and just ignore it, after weighing things up properly.
– I spoke to a group of more than 200 women at the #WeLead conference about blogging. And you know they say you should picture crowds naked when you’re presenting or public speaking, well, that doesn’t work for me. Better to look the challenge in the eye. (on that note, I do hope no public speaker ever pictures me naked. OMG).
– Ranting on Twitter is not becoming. I know because I did it several times this week (sorry Two Oceans Marathon and Vodacom). But if I’m going to rant, I will rave when it’s due, which is what I did in both cases.
– I’m not really noticing the difference between the iPhone4 and iPhone4S. All that matters is all my data is back on a familiar device, and my white phone looks kick-ass with a pink cover.
– You can’t have enough diggers and trucks (have counted 9 in my car alone)
– It makes me proud to see you polite, friendly and mannered. And you’re helluva cute when you say “no please” to something you don’t want. For example: “Max, are you tired?”. “No please”. “Max, do you want to go to sleep?”. “No please”.
Thanks for keeping me on my toes and high on parenting,
Feature image via Poshglam
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.