I’ve tried this post so many times – I wanted it to be “special” for Mother’s Day. I tried writing a meme, I attempted a poem, and I even thought about writing something intense – what motherhood means to me, how you’ve changed my life, how much I love you etc etc.
But there are better and more profound writers who can do that. And if it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t be celebrating Mother’s Day in the first place, which is why I’m dedicating this to you this time.
– You are cuter than Hello Kitty
– You provide me with more colour in my life than Essie nailpolish
– You are sweeter than my favourite Wine Gums
– You provide more entertainment than DStv, iPads and Kindle
– You teach me more of what matters than I ever learnt at school
– You offer me more of a spring in my step than my 14 (gasp) pairs of Converse
– You provide more music in my life than my iTunes library with its 3 390 songs
– You push me harder than the clock at Comrades Marathon
– You are awesome
I love you to infinity and beyond (which is something you’ve just picked up too from Toy Story).
Thank you for making me a mother. There is nothing better in this world than hearing you say “mama”.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.