I finally feel like I’m entering the land of the living again after a big work project that has left me a little frazzled, scared and too familiar with Woolies microwave meals. This weekend I baked us Milo biscuits (see the recipe at Rattle and Mum), cooked something that involved chopping and fresh ingredients, and engaged with the cats and dog for longer than a pat. We had so much fun this weekend – hours at Serendipity aka my therapy and laughter session with Melinda and Nicki, reading books in paper form, singing, flying, making tunnels and marvelling at cranes, diggers and trucks (this is more your fun than mine – I just enjoy watching your excitement every time you see one of them).
I wrote last week that as a mom of a toddler, you need to choose your “battles”, and never was this lesson clearer than on the weekend. Here’s how it went:
– iPad at the Shabbat table on Friday night: Max: 1. Mom: 0
– Wearing the same but different truck pyjama top for five days in a row: Max: 1. Mom: 0
– Wearing the fleece pyjama top bottoms to Melrose Arch for brunch: Max: 1. Mom: 0
– Watching Toy Story on the iPad at 4.30am which I discovered when I got up early to run a race: Max: 1. Mom: 0 (I don’t know how you found it, or how you disconnected it from the charger).
– Using your hands to pick the carrots from my salad to eat them: Max: 1. Mom: 0 (I guess I can’t complain that you’re eating your greens. Good boy!)
Thank you for a wonderful weekend dude and for your patience when I was more behind my Macbook than in front of my Max.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.