It’s been over a week since your party, and it went so brilliantly.
Here’s what went down…
– The venue, Serendipity, which really is like our home away from home. It was a beautiful day and everything was arranged gorgeously (plus all your “family” was there)
– Wonderful decor by the brilliant Marc at Concept Spark. From hanging jars to the chalkboard tables and cars, it was not only visually superb, but a winner with the kids.
– The food!!! From green-icing cupcakes, and cake pops to macaroons (the best I’ve tasted since Laduree in Paris) and mini quiches, Linda of Belle’s Patisserie made every kilojoule worthwhile and added a stylish and novel twist to usual party fare.
– The cake, also done by Linda, in two layers of chocolate heaven with delish fondant icing. It’s not often you find a cake that tastes as good as it looks, but this was divine.
– You were so happy, and surrounded by old little faces, and new. No meltdowns, no dramas – just pure kiddie joy.
– I was chilled and had a great time yakking to friends while from the dim corners of our eyes, we watched our little ones eating, climbing, drawing, looking for treasure and licking icing off cupcakes.
– Seriously, the only one I could think of here was that it had to come to an end… Lame, but true.
A massive thanks to Nicki for taking such stupendous pics, and allowing me to eat more macaroons and really do “nothing” on the day. What made Nicki more of a trouper is that she was on her feet snapping away while 36 weeks pregnant – thank you!!!
Max, it was a great day, and I look forward to celebrating more parties with you (and this has nothing to do with the cupcakes and butter icing). I know you will never remember the day, but it was important to celebrate this year, and surround you with the love you deserve.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.