Inspired by a recent magazine article I read about what girls should know about guys from a guy’s perspective, I thought I’d do the same, while I’m still fairly young’ish (debatable) and fresh’ish (under a year) from working at hip young mag CLEO. And I know you are *only* 21 months, but it’s never to early to
train tell you how girls generally work:
– When we say “nothing’s wrong”, we don’t really mean it.
– Essentially we just want to feel loved, looked after and needed (not so hard – really)
– There is no correct answer to “Do I look fat in this?”. You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t. My advice is to make as feel as good as possible so you needn’t find yourself in this awkward position.
– She’ll probably love you as much for your being able to cry as she will your ability to take the dead bird out the house or change a tyre.
– Don’t make any references to her weight. Ever. Unless it has to do with how great her figure is looking. Girls are sensitive about this – even comments such as “Are you having seconds? Really?”
– Most women love shoes. You don’t have to go into a shoe shop and help her choose a pair, but just don’t crap on her when she buys yet another pair, nor remind her that you only have three pairs to her 30 pairs.
– And yes Max, there is no such thing as too much perfume or lipstick for a woman.
– We love the small touches – whether it’s a poem, flowers, back rub or our favourite chocolate unexpectedly.
– When we say “It’s fine, really”, it usually isn’t.
– We cry more than you. It doesn’t always mean that things need fixing – it could be because someone hot has died in Grey’s Anatomy. But sometimes we will need fixing.
– It’s a rare woman who likes all sports. Don’t push her to know and love it like you might, or to want to give up Saturday-afternoon shopping to watch it.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.