The two-week caffeine drip

December 6, 2010

I’m sorry that you won’t see much of me for the next two weeks. See, we’re putting our Feb issue of the mag to bed in a week and a half. That’s a fricking miniscule week and a half when we usually have around four so I’ll be working a little harder and longer. My face has broken out in teenage acne, I’m drinking lots of tea and Coke Lite for energy, and am dosing up on ResQ Remedy.  I am a bit stressed (read: I wonder how the hell we’re going to pull it off) I promise to bring home the occasional nappy for you to try, and new toys/products if I get any. I know you don’t understand it yet, but there are perks to my job, and even though you get the nappies/toys/butt cream regardless, we sometimes get to try them for free, leaving me and Dad a bit more cash to spend on Very Important Things – like Hello Kitty swag for me, boring archery stuff for him, iPad apps, and iTunes downloads of Glee.

I can’t wait to be on holiday soon where I can spend all the days with you reading, watching Glee, having picnics, swimming and chasing after you as you try “post” our phones in inappropriate places around the garden.

xMom

Next Post

• Thulane

This is so cute. Welcome to blogosphere!

December 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm Reply
  • Ang

Love it! Had to laugh when I saw the auto generated related posts: Re-evaluating goals, health issues and …have issues.

December 7, 2010 at 5:01 am Reply
  • Tahra

Aah Tanya, dont worry before you know it the Feb issue will be put to bed and you will be able to spend all that precious time with Max. I feel the same way about having to leave Troy to his own defenses but they will survive and love us no matter what 🙂

December 7, 2010 at 10:23 am Reply
  • Sharon

Hey T!
    Who did the photo’s of Max? They are FABULOUS!
    Oh, and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

December 7, 2010 at 1:37 pm Reply
  • charne

yeah I LOVE these photos who did them?

December 7, 2010 at 2:42 pm Reply
    • tanyakov

Hi, the photographer is Vanessa Grobler – she is awesome, and is hopefully going into mom/kid photography fulltime next year (she is a freelance magazine/agency photographer). Her email address in case you’re interested is vanessa@ovation.co.za

December 7, 2010 at 8:24 pm Reply

Ashvard:No me convence. Todo esto para una sola garimba? Uuuummm… será más que nada pá asombrar a las visitas, xq no me imagino esto pa ver una peli o un partidito asi con los colegas…

October 24, 2016 at 11:46 am Reply